top of page
Frequently Asked Questions


How do I apply?

​Request an Application

  • Call the HAGC office at  (509) 762-5541. An application will be sent to you by mail and you can return it to our office in person or by mail.

  • Come to our office to obtain an application in person.

  • Download an application from the website by clicking "Apply Now!" at the top of the page.


How long is the waiting list?

The length of time on the waiting list varies by property/project. This can be anywhere from six (6) months to two (2) years.

The amount of time an applicant remains on the waiting list is subject to change because there are factors beyond our control, such as; unit availability, unit turnover, leasing schedule processes, priorities, and transfers. 

HAGC has no way of knowing how many vacancies it will have in the coming months and years. This is why we cannot tell you exactly when you will reach the top of a waiting list.

An applicant may at any time report changes in their applicant status including changes in address, family composition, and income.

To know what number you are on any waiting list, please contact the office at (509) 762-5541.


Where is the housing located?

Housing units are located throughout Grant County.

​Ephrata, Grand Coulee, Moses Lake, Quincy, Royal City, Soap Lake, and Warden

Units consist of duplexes and single family homes.


How much is the Security Deposit?

Security deposits vary depending on the housing project.

Typically, the deposit amount starts at $150.


Are pets allowed?

Most housing projects allow pets.

The pet deposit varies depending on the housing project and starts at $300.

Pets are not allowed on the property without the deposit being paid first.


How do I report a lease violation or make a complaint?

Reports can be made by calling the HAGC office and contacting the Housing Coordinator for the property.

Reports can also be made in writing. 

All reports are kept anonymous.


How do I report a maintenance issue / make a work order?

During maintenance hours, call 509-762-5541 or 800-747-9202.

Regular maintenance hours are Monday – Thursday 7:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.

After hours, please call Emergency Maintenance 509-765-0611.


Does HAGC provide an interpreter?

Spanish speaking staff is available by phone and in the office.

Other languages, interpreters are available upon request.


Is emergency housing available?

HAGC is able to provide assistance to families or individuals who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of becoming homeless. Contact our office to set up an appointment to meet with a coordinator. Appointments are available Monday through Thursday during regular business hours. You are able to print a Homeless Assistance application by clicking on "Applications" at the top of the page.

bottom of page